Subject: August 18 call.

Our next call is August 18.

That's a newly scheduled call to replace the next regulary scheduled call,
Monday, August 11, which has been CANCELLED.  I will be away on vacation
until then. I will try to check email periodically. (If you email me
privately use my personal email raydenenberg@starpower.net, and if you email
this group please cc my personal email, as I may have trouble accessing this
list.)

For the call on the 18th we should discuss:

- How to jumpstart this new phase of work that we are entering: SRU/CQL 2.0
and the description language.  We need to get the implementors involved in
the discussion.

- A long term plan or roadmap for bringing this second phase to closure.
Some realistic estimate of when we think we can bring this work to ballot,
and what meetings we may need to have along the way.

- Resolution of the CDs that we just published.  We aren't getting any
comments, which may be somewhat understandable since much of the material
is simply re-renderings of existing specs.
However:
   -- The APD is a blueprint for developing future specs. We need discussion
on it.
   -- The openSearch spec doesn't really fit the APD blueprint.
Therefore we need to generate discussion about at least these two aspects.
We should begin discussion of how to move these documents along to their
next phase: Committee Draft for Public Review.

- Relationship to OGC work.  Please look at:
 http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=20555
Should we think about a geospatial context set, a geospatial binding, or
what?  Remember there is a meeting mid September to discuss OGC searching
and we should come up with a proposal to take to that meeting.

Can everyone make the August 18 meeting?