security-bindings message

Subject: RE: [security-bindings] Proposed alternative artifact type

Re-reading my own message I realized the real issue:

As I understand it, the new protocol depends upon a message
exchange between RP and AP of the form:

(RP --> AP)  GET <URL>
(AP --> RP)  assertion in some form?

My problem is that we have not described this exchange
within SAML at all.

Instead, we should consider using the standard forms
of SAML query. This would suggest that the proposed
artifact architecture include URL and <SAML_artifact>
in such a way that it can be unbundled and sent as part
of a standard SAML query.

- prateek