security-consider message

Subject: RE: Welcome to the security considerations list

> What is your view on the relationship of the security considerations
> group to the requirements group? I had been assuming the requirements
> group would focus on application scenarios and that the security
> consideration group might discuss and make recommendations on
> specific security requirements.

My understanding is that this group will consider 1) how the security
requirements(specified by the requirements group) are met by the
specifications, 2) how the messages and protocols should be used and not
used to achieve certain security properties and 3) what security risks might
occur if they are used in certain ways or certain environments.  This
information will be documented the most relevant specifications or, less
likely, in a separate document.

Hal