security-services-comment message

Subject: [security-services-comment] MetaData for SAML 1.0 Web Browser Profiles

Prateek

I have a comment on the MetaData for SAML 1.0 Web Browser Profiles document.
I'm not sure this is an active document, or its relationship to other emerging policy work.

Regardless, I would propose using QNames for the TrustModel relationship types, for example:

<xs:complexType name="TrustModelType">
 <xs:sequence>
	<xs:element name="NameAndPassword" .../>
	<xs:element ref="ds:KeyInfo".../>
 </xs:sequence>
 <xs:attribute name="TrustRelationshipType" type="QName"/>
</xs:complexType>

The QNames for trust can then be in the metadata namespace, e.g. mdns:NoAuth
essentially allowing extensibility without schema update.

Does this make sense?

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia Mobile Phones