security-services-comment message

Subject: Re: SAML attributes for Kerberos

Thomas,

> Reading this thread, am I correct in concluding
> that much of what Jeff & Russell require
> are in fact implementation-specific?
>
> - Was there any specific changes that need
> to be done on the Kerberos attribute profile?

The Attribute Profile definitely needs re-visiting in my opinion:

1. The CMU use-case is not captured in the current document.

2. The use-case that was meant to be captured in the current document
has been stymied by a dependency on the WS-Security SAML Token Profile
which we have subsequently discovered is unlikely to satisfy our
original expectations.

(Unfortunately (2) did not become apparent until we had started 60 day
review, and I failed to register that that made the profile moot. I
should have spotted that at the time.)

However, I think much of the existing document and schema can be
usefully re-purposed.

josh.