security-services-comment message

Subject: Contact Request from European Large Scale eIdentity Project STORKto SAML Technical Committee

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Thomas Walloschke, I am working with Fujitsu Technology Solutions in Germany and I am a member of the German Industry Consortium, a partner of the European Large Scale Project STORK (https://www.eid-stork.eu).  The aim of the STORK project is to establish a European eID Interoperability Platform that will allow citizens to establish new e-relations across borders, just by presenting their national eID.

The STORK project was launched in 2008 and is a three-year pan-EU initiative. Next year the follow up STORK 2.0 will be established by the European Commission.
The German Government (https://www.bsi.bund.de/ContentBSI/EN/Press/pressreleases/STORK_020310.html)  holds the STORK co-chair in 2011.

The European Member States decided to use the SAML-protocol for connecting between all national identity-platforms (PEPS/VIDP) .
National identity-platforms will be controlled by each Member State individually and infrastructures are typically governmental platforms.

As a result of our last General Assembly in Estonia in June 2011 the Member States decided to contact OASIS to check specification of profile usage and so I would be very pleased of hearing of you with the intension of a fruitful collaboration.

Kind Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Walloschke
Principal Business Developer
eGovernment Germany
Vertriebsbereich Öffentliche Auftraggeber Deutschland

FUJITSU
Fujitsu Technology Solutions GmbH
Wernerwerkdamm 5, 13629 Berlin, Germany
Telefon:  +49-30-536036-543