security-services-comment message

Subject: RE: Change in saml-schema-assertion-2.0.xsd for NET1.1

> Can this be introduced as an update to the official SAML2.0 schema?

I don't think so, for two reasons:

a) We can't change a schema in a non-compatible way after it's published as a standard.

b) We can't do this without breaking the intended allowable content model. It's complexContent for a reason. Your change is not correct. It may be correct for your subset of requirements of course, in which case you're free to apply whatever restrictions make sense.

> BUT I still think the schema could be simplified so all technologies
>  are supported equally (maybe not how I did it, but there is something funky
> in that definition that does not work in NET1.1).

Speaking personally and not in any TC capacity, there are many tools that are lousy at automating code from schemas. The point of the schema is not to generate code, it's to formally document the syntax allowed by the standard.

-- Scott