Subject: Re: Challenge-Response/OBI & S2ML (Anders Rundgren's suggestion )

At 12:30 PM 1/12/01 -0800, Jeff Hodges wrote:
>W.r.t. draft docs, I've looked at..
>
>   http://www.oasis-open.org/who/bylaws.shtml
>
>..and unless there's some other OASIS document describing the standards
>process,
>there appears to be no formal process analogous to the IETF concept of
>Internet-Drafts. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.

Until the group as a whole passes motions on specific specification
wording, we don't have anything official.  However, I anticipate that the
subgroups' reports will (over time) propose candidate wording, possibly
culled to some degree from the submissions they have at their disposal,
which we can consider/accept in small or large chunks.

         Eve
--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com