Subject: RE: IDMEF/IODEF

Bob,

One of the goals of the S2ML spec. was to provide
a number of bindings for interactions based
on a number of standard protocols. This has been
called out in Section 6, Bindings to Messaging and
Transport Protocols.

Clearly, the breadth of this section needs to be
scoped with some care (How many protocols?) and
the Use-Cases and Requirements work should provide
additional guidance in this direction.

I am puzzled tho' by your thought that this might
be completely out of scope for this group.
Consider HTTP, for example, How should S2ML assertions
be embedded within HTTP flows? What about consideration
of the case when the client is limited to a browser?
Without this information, I dont see how inter-operability
between "security zones" is supported by S2ML or any
succssor specification.

- prateek