Subject: Re: Website maintainer?

"Eve L. Maler" wrote:

> Folks-- Marc is finding it difficult to carve out the time for the website
> stuff.  Is there anyone else who is interested in taking it on?  I'm
> willing to help with it somewhat, but not until I return from
> vacation...  What's needed is:
>
> Minimum:
> - Plan for overall layout of our site
> - Content for basic description pages

Can we point to some existing pages as models for what we're imagining?

How about these..

  http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/registryandrepositorycommittee.shtml

..as models?

What is the minimum page layout complexity? (I personally don't think we need
anything fancy at all to accomplish our work, and that these pages shouldn't
have a "marketing" requirement on them. See
http://www.stanford.edu/~hodges/LDUP/ for an example of what I'm imagining as a
very-bare-bones-yet-useful working group page.
http://www.phys.uu.nl/~wwwfi/aaaarch/ is an example of something a bit more
"fancy" but still pretty low-key, to the point, and probably not terribly
complex to maintain.)

Where will the SSTC site/pages be hosted? At www.oasis-open.org like the above
TCs?

How many "cooks" will be trying to stir this broth? How much time is the
maintainer going to have to spend consensus-building and hand-holding? Will the
maintainer be expected to create any and all pages on request? If so, by whom?

> - Occasionally creating new pages (e.g., technical/PR contact lists)

What's "occasionally"? How many updates & new pages per week (let's say)?

> Optional:
> - Neat-o "look" for the site

Who decides what constitutes a "neat-o look"?
Models?
  http://www.s2ml.org/    ?
  http://www.authxml.org/ ?

How much work is it to maintain pages like these? I.e. how much work is it to
add new subpages and update navigation bars appropriately?

> - Very active maintenance of content and layout

What constitutes "very active"? How many updates & new pages per week (let's
say)?

thanks,

JeffH