Subject: F2F #1 of the OASIS Security Services TC

I'm sending this out for Eve -- It's the "first SSTC face-to-face" meeting
announcement.

*BEWARE* the below link seems to crash Netscape Communicator 4.7x on both
windows & linux, but not Internet Explorer (if someone can figure out why,
please lemme know and I'll fix it).

  F2F #1 of the OASIS Security Services TC
  Travel & registration info is on this page..
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/f2f-2march2001.shtml

[I've directly attached the above-referenced page below -- it doesn't appear to
crash NSCP when viewed in Messenger]

thanks,

JeffH
Title: OASIS - SSTC - F2F #1 of the OASIS Security Services TC

F2F #1 of the OASIS Security Services TC

The OASIS Security Services TC (SSTC) will hold its first face-to-face meeting from 9:00am to 5:00pm ET on 2 March 2001 at the Sun Microsystems campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, USA.

Send inquiries to Eve Maler (phone +1 781 442 3190, mobile +1 781 883 5917), SSTC chair and meeting host.

Last revised 12 February 2001.

Attendance and Registration

Voting members, prospective members, and other observers (individual OASIS members and members of OASIS-member organizations) may attend; however, we are trying to keep participation numbers manageable, and do not expect many others besides voting members to attend.

The deadline for registration is Monday, 26 February so that we can arrange for enough space and food. TC members will have received an Evite invitation by email. If you are not a TC member and you would like to attend, please contact the host.

This is an official meeting of the SSTC; attendance will be noted and will count towards good standing.

Venue

The meeting will be held at:

Martha's Vineyard conference room
Sun Microsystems
1 Network Drive (driving directions, MapBlast map)
Burlington, MA 01803 USA

We're such a large group that we will probably overflow Visitor Parking; if this happens, exit Visitor Parking, turn left, and turn left again to park near Building 1, then take the sidewalk up the short hill towards the central lobby.

If you're staying in Cambridge because of the W3C event that week, note that a cab ride to Burlington will cost approximately $50, including tip. If you have an evening flight on Friday, plan about an hour for cab rides back to Logan Airport during rush hour (though it may take less time because it's nominally against the flow).

Sun will be providing continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon coffee. If you have food restrictions: Please note them in the comments section of the Evite invitation or contact the host.

Telephones are available, but Martha's Vineyard does not have network connections or analog lines for computer access. We will have a computer projector at our disposal. If you need photocopies made for the meeting, please make every effort to arrange this with the host beforehand; however, photocopying services will also be available that day.

Meeting Details

Following are details about the purpose and goals of the meeting.

Goals

The tentative goals of the meeting are to:

  • Give everyone a chance to meet each other in person
  • Decide the principles that will guide our choice of requirements
  • Select the requirements our design will address
  • Begin discussing major design issues
  • Determine a schedule for the rest of our work

Preparation

In preparation for the meeting, please study the following:

  • [TBA: use-case strawman #3]
  • [TBA: other]

Agenda

Following is the tentative agenda for the meeting:

Time Activity
8:30-9:00 Meet and greet; continental breakfast
9:00 Call to order
9:00-9:30 Roll call, approval of minutes, agenda revisions
9:30-10:30 [TBA]
10:30-10:45 Break
10:45-12:30 [TBA]
12:30-1:15 Lunch
1:15-2:45 [TBA]
2:45-3:00 Break
3:00-5:00 [TBA]
5:00 Adjourn

Minutes

When the meeting minutes are available, they will be linked to from here.