Subject: Opportunity to submit paper to W3C web services workshop

I was contacted last night by Janet Daly, head of communications for
W3C.  She reminded me that OASIS, as a W3C member, can submit a paper to
W3C's upcoming Web Services Workshop (http://www.w3.org/2001/01/WSWS) and
have one person attend -- and possibly present the paper if it's accepted
-- and she suggested that the SSTC would be a good candidate to do this
since our work would be of interest to the attendees.

If we have any interest in doing this, we would need to move very
quickly.  The deadline for submitting papers is 12 March, but I request an
extension to 20 March, *if* we can agree by 12 March that it's worth
attempting to do this.

So here's what I'd like to ask you all.  Please respond by Monday, saying:

- Whether you think it's a good idea to submit a paper/have someone attend

- Whether you're willing to mail out a candidate paper next week for
   SSTC review in our 20 March telecon

- Whether you're willing to attend the workshop and present the paper,
   should it be accepted

	Eve
--
Eve Maler                                             +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Development  eve.maler @ east.sun.com