Subject: Session Considerations subcommittee

Folks-- I've discussed with several people the issue of how to handle our
Sessions decision, and here's what we're going to do:

- There will be a new Session Considerations subcommittee, chaired by Hal
Lockhart.

- Its deliberations will be carried out on the main security-services
list.  (It's entirely up to him when/how to do telecons; he'll be expected
to provide regular reports at TC meetings.)

- Its charter will be to recommend TC action on ensuring the suitability of
our V1.0 design for handling session functionality at a later date.  This
will probably take the form of a separate non-normative document that has
quite a bit of initial design work in it, plus rationales for various
design features in the actual spec that were put in to satisfy these
considerations.

So if you have interest in this topic, please watch this space for
discussions of sessions and meeting announcements.

	Eve
--
Eve Maler                                             +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Development  eve.maler @ east.sun.com