Subject: RE: The Subject/Object Paradigm

> A more recent view of the same problem takes the access
> control decision as
> a starting point and asks "Under what conditions should this
> request be
> allowed?" In this resource-centric view, many different inputs may be
> combined to make the decision, not just user identity.

Is the subject/object issue the point of difference here or the
nature of the question?

The current draft is written to allow the question 'can subject X access
object Y?'. The question you appear to want to ask is 'what is the set of
subjects that can access object Y?' or 'what attributes must subject X have
to access object Y?' which amounts to the same thing.

I think these are good questions to ask and believe that XACML should
support them. However they appear to be out of SAML scope (for now).

	Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
Principal Scientist
VeriSign Inc.