Subject: Shibboleth Architecture Draft

Dear SAMLers,

   For those of you who are curious about Shibboleth,
the initial draft version of the Shibboleth Architecture
is now on the Internet2 web site.   See the note below
for the URL and some notes about the state of the document.

  Shibboleth has much in common with SAML.  For example
we are hoping/expecting to use SAML queries and assertions.
Shibboleth though is both narrower and broader than SAML:
Our use cases are far more limited, but we go outside
some the "edges" of SAML to include the notions of
"attribute release policies" at the AA (a privacy issue)
and "attribute acceptance policies" at the relying party.

  Comments would be most welcome.

Regards,
Marlena
IBM/Tivoli

PS There is also a specification document (also a draft) on
the website.  And there are lots of other documents -- but
many are out of date and don't reflect the current architecture.
(A website cleanup is supposed to occur sometime "soon".)

PPS The website only has HTML for the arch doc.  If you
want a Word document (which is the source for the html),
let me know.

---------------------- Forwarded by Marlena Erdos/Austin/Contr/IBM on

Marlena Erdos
06/08/2001 04:58 PM