Subject: Re: SAML response to Encryption Working Draft?

    OD> Do we wish to have a formal response to the XML Encryption
    OD> Working Draft?  Given that SAML is one of the 4 groups
    OD> highlighted as a key customer in the requirements document, it
    OD> seems appropriate to me.

Do you have a good URL for the req'ts doc? I keep coming up with a 404
on the link from the main XML Encryption page.

    OD> I suggest if we do want a formal response, somebody volunteer
    OD> to co-ordinate the groups response.

Maybe we can charge our 3 liaisons with making this response. B-)

One item that came up on the Focus Group concall this morning was that
encrypting elements seems to invalidate schema compliance. This seems
especially important for SAML, since schema non-compliance should be a
first indicator of a possible attack.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou, Senior Architect        eprodromou@securant.com
Securant Technologies, Inc.             415-856-9551