Subject: RE: Request for clarification

Title: Request for clarification
If a System Entity authenticates directly with the Authentication Authority, that means is outside of SAML.

But it has been proposed to support an intermediate Credentials Collector (proxy login) that would be specified by SAML. This is technically difficult and may be restricted to a subset of AuthN methods as SASL is.

Hal
-----Original Message-----
From: Kawamoto, Shirley [mailto:SKawamoto@hitachisoftware.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 3:24 PM
To: 'Hal Lockhart'; Security-Services (E-mail) (E-mail)

Thanks for response.

I'm a little confused about your description. It sounded to me as though you were saying that the Credentials Assertion is still being handled by SAML only by a different sub group. On the other hand, it sounds as though the actual authentication sequence is outside of SAML. Could you please clarify?

Regards,
Shirley