Subject: RE: Seen In the Press

I do not believe this is an appropriate use of this mailing list.  That
said, I believe I deserve the opportunity to respond, and will do so
briefly.

I did not, nor have I ever represented to anyone that Securant invented
SAML.

Securant and Netegrity agreed at the beginning of the SAML effort that it
was best served by having a 'neutral' chairperson, and Securant has
continued to honor that agreement by not attempting to assume the chair.

I respect and appreciate all of Prateek's contributions and intentions thus
far in the SAML effort.

I do not believe that there is an 'undisputed market leader' in this space.

I am not sure the purpose of Marc's message, but I don't think it was at all
productive.

Please send any response directly to me (and whoever else appropriate) so we
can keep the focus of the overall TC list on the truly important issues.
Perhaps there should be another list established as Bob Morgan suggests
called 'politics' - please just don't put me on it ;~)

Regards,

Darren