Subject: how to discover acceptable authentication protocol with saml?

Title: how to discover acceptable authentication protocol with saml?

Prateek,

Authentication process is outside of saml specification.

What if I want to discover acceptable authentication protocol?
Is it in saml scope?

Suppose it is.
One way to do it is to use AuthenticationQuery with empty Authenticator subject.
Then SAMLRequest will carry AuthenticationAssertion with Authenticator subject listing acceptable
protocols.

The problem is that Authenticator element does not allow for 0 occurances of Protocol.
Should we specify minOccurs=0 on Protocol element for that purpose?

Simon Godik