Subject: FW: Issues to be closed at the Sept 4 Concall

Forwarded on behalf of Eve Mahler (she is the victim of email conspiricy
gremlins ;-)

At 10:40 AM 8/30/01 -0400, Hal Lockhart wrote:
>As promised, the attached document lists the open issues I believe should
be
>closed immediately. Anyone who disagrees about any of them should post to
>the list. The current plan is to close all of them by a single vote at the
>TC Concall on Sept 4.

I'd like us to reconsider the following issue:

DS-4-05: SingleSchema
   I may have missed any discussion of the rationale for having one vs. two
schemas.  Understanding that assertions can be used entirely without the
request/response layer in some scenarios, I'm willing to believe that two
is the right answer, but I'd like us to document our rationale because
there are costs to having two namespace names, defining things like
majorVersion and minorVersion twice, etc.

         Eve