Subject: Re: I changed my mind about eliminating the Web browser "Post" profil e

Hal,
I'm pleased to see that you changed your mind regarding the
POST profile as it can eliminate the need for additional
server-state that Artifacts introduce.  I still think that
the bindings group should take a look on the issues raised in:

The earlier mentioned "JavaScript security issue" can be made much less
of a choice by actually letting the user's browser do the "decision".
If JavaScript-based solutions must be as appendices, the following
code belongs there:

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" >
<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="Destination-URL">
<NOSCRIPT>
<CENTER><H2>Your browser is JavaScript-disabled!</H2>
<H3>Click on the button below to manually continue the login</H3>
<INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Continue"></CENTER>
</NOSCRIPT>
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="SAMLAssertion" VALUE="Assertion in Base64-coding">
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Only to please (?) you we have added this fallback code to our SAML-inspired
Purple demo so you can try with or without JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Note: Don't try to run the "seller" app as it does not perform as expected
without JavaScript.  Only authentication works.

My referred-to document has been updated accordingly:

Regards
Anders