Subject: Re: [XML Signature] DSig-01

Hi Krishna,
How do you anticipate that your Disg profile should work in
conjunction with SOAP bindings that has its own recommended
profile (see W3C site for details)?

SOAP implicitely uses a detached signature as far as I understand.

A drawback with enveloped signatures is that they clobber messages
which is likely to be the reason why SOAP do not use such.

I.e. using detached signatures there is no need for schemas to contain an
optional Signature element.

Regards
Anders Rundgren

----- Original Message -----
From: "Krishna Sankar" <ksankar@cisco.com>
To: "'OASIS SAML'" <security-services@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 02:44
Subject: [XML Signature] DSig-01

Hi all,

Here is the first cut at the XML Signature and SAML. I went thru most of
the discussions in the TC mailer and summarized them. (Thanks Prateek for
the write-up) Plus have started articulating the various topics/issues.

I would like to see if we can get thru the first couple of iterations
before Tuesday's call. That way we will have a shared view when we start
discussing the various nuances.

cheers