Subject: [security-services] Minutes for SSTC Telecon, Tuesday Oct 30

Minutes for SSTC Telecon, Tuesday Oct 30
Dial in info: +1 334 262 0740 #856956
Minutes taken by Steve Anderson

>> Agenda
>>
>> 1 - Roll Call

Attendance attached to bottom of these minutes.  Quorum achieved.

>> 2 - Agenda review

Added item for liaison reports

>> 3 - Approve Minutes 16 October 2001

Accepted

>> 4 - Speaking Opportunity at XML Working Group of the Federal CIO
>>     Council (19 Dec, Wash DC)

- Krishna contacted Karl directly, arranged to attend & speak
- Issue Closed
- General process for bringing up SAML speaking opportunities is to
  bring opportunity to next concall

>> 5 - Face to face #5

- Confirmed for Tues-Wed, Nov 13-14
- Logistics info on mail list/web site
- Need to develop agenda, by way of collecting key topics of
  discussion
    - Joe to Phill, on core doc & schema, what do we need to close?
        - Error code issues
        - Question of how core links to bindings piece
        - Ongoing discussion of authenticator scope, etc
        - Estimating 1.5 hr
        - Next version of core doc available by Wed next week, unless
          focus group makes sharp changes
    - Same question to Prateek for bindings
        - F2F will provide critical review of bindings
        - Bindings work will be mature, bindings subcommittee
          basically done
        - Wants time for full review, about a full day
        - Revised copy of bindings doc hopefully by Wed next week
    - Krishna wants time for XML DSig use profile
    - Chris McLaren, security considerations
        - Not a lot done in this area yet
        - Estimates an hour
    - Joe, How to hit target of submission to OASIS in next couple
      months
    - Bob Griffin
        - Will have test spec out, can talk about that
        - Discuss how to do interop testing
        - Status of test suites, prototypes with individual orgs
        - Estimates half hour
    - Irving
        - Settle "multiple name identifiers" question, if not
          settled before then
        - Will also be discussed in focus group today
- If other ideas come up, please send to Joe ASAP
    - Agenda should be out end of next week
- Joint dinner on Tuesday night

>> 6 - Action Items that must be addressed in committee (rather than
>>     during focus session)

none

>> 6b - Liaison Reports

- Krishna: JSR formed for assertions
    - Would add capability of assertions to Java
    - Set of APIs
    - Wants to cover exchange of assertions as well
    - Would bootstrap use of assertions in J2EE & J2SE arena
- Phill: XKMS
    - Has W3C working group formed (big step forward)
- BobM: Shib
    - Making progress
    - All issues out on table

>> 7 - Adjourn

Adjourned

Attendence of Voting Members:

Allen Rogers Authentica
Irving Reid Baltimore
Larry Hollowood Bank of America
Krishna Sankar Cisco
Ken Yagen Crosslogix
Simon Godik Crosslogix
Gil Pilz E2open
Hal Lockhart Entegrity
Carlisle Adams Entrust
Robert Griffin Entrust
Tim Moses Entrust
Don Flinn Hitachi
Joe Pato HP
Jason Rouault HP
Maryann Hondo IBM
Chris McLaren Netegrity
Marc Chanliau Netegrity
Prateek Mishra Netegrity
Jeff Hodges Oblix
Steve Anderson OpenNetwork
Jahan Moreh Sigaba
Ron Monzillo Sun
Aravindan Ranganathan Sun
Bob Blakley Tivoli
Marlena Erdos Tivoli
Sridhar Muppidi Tivoli
Bob Morgan UWashington
Phillip Hallam-Baker Verisign
Thomas Hardjono Verisign

Attendance of Observers or Prospective Members:

Emily Xu Sun
Scott Cantor OSU
Jeff Bohren OpenNetwork

Membership Status Changes:

Mack Hicks Bank of America
    Requested observer status prior to this meeting
Zahid Ahmed CommerceOne
    Requested observer status prior to this meeting
Fred Moses Entitlenet
    Lost voting status following this meeting, due to inactivity

--
Steve Anderson
OpenNetwork Technologies

begin:vcard
n:Anderson;Steve
tel;fax:727-561-0303
tel;work:727-561-9500 x241
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.opennetwork.com
org:OpenNetwork Technologies
version:2.1
email;internet:sanderson@opennetwork.com
title:Product Architect
adr;quoted-printable:;;13577 Feather Sound Drive=0D=0ASuite 330;Clearwater;Florida;33762;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-15216
fn:Steve Anderson
end:vcard