Subject: [security-services] Proposal for publication of SAML Profiles andBindings within SST C

Colleagues,

one aspect of the binding draft is the provision
of a framework for publication of SAML bindings and profiles by
individuals and companies. Roughly speaking this
reduces to idea that people should be able to publish
specifications that describe different ways of using SAML
within different protocols and frameworks. The key issue
here is that we need a repository for these documents
and some process of submission and publication.

There is no formal status for these documents (they are
based on various standards but do not define new ones). I guess they
would have a status similar to "Experimental" within the
Internet Standards process or a "Note" within W3C.

I would propose to point to the Security Services
TC as a destination for such drafts.  This has the following consequences:

(1) the SAML
standard would include language pointing to Oasis SSTC,
(2) We need some organizational structure ("submissions editor"?)
and a web page where such drafts can be published.

Thanks,

- prateek mishra

 <mailto:'security-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org'>