Subject: Re: [security-services] Minutes for SSTC Telecon, Tuesday Nov 27

At 02:56 PM 11/28/01 -0500, Steve Anderson wrote:
>Minutes for SSTC Telecon, Tuesday Nov 27
>Dial in info: +1 334 262 0740 #856956
>Minutes taken by Steve Anderson
>
>4 -- Eve's Issue over 'Outreach'
>
>- Eve sent email on this 20 Nov 2001 with subject "Issue: Outreach and
>   rollout plans"
>- Looking for consistent whitepaper generation and publicity generation
>- Concerned that spec will be delivered, but no one will notice
>- Eve doesn't have bandwidth, nor does Jeff
>- Hal offers to contribute, but looking for more direction
>- Eve: need someone to drive issue, identify all the necessary output
>   items, and see that they are completed
>- Prateek: many represented companies have developed similar material,
>   can they be used?
>- Eve: very much would like to see that happen, and would contribute
>   material herself
>- Darren offers to assist, will call Eve directly to try to break down
>   the more detailed to-do bits
>- Hal: willing to write up some overview/FAQ material
>- Prateek: willing to have a bindings -08 by 21-Dec, but guess is that
>   conformant style & boilerplate won't be done
>- [ACTION] Eve to check with BobB by 21-Dec to see if he will own
>   overall editing

DONE.  I just got off the phone with Bob.  Unfortunately, he will not have
any cycles to try and do an end-of-year spec release.  I may have a bit of
time late next week, and could attempt some editorial cleanup (basically
Word style usage and OASIS boilerplate).  Shall we just try to do a little
bit to each spec and see how far we get?

By the way, it's pretty clear that most of us don't feel these specs are
"final release" worthy yet.  That's perfectly fine (though we'll want to
formally revise our schedule pretty soon...).  I still think we should be
planning a release in order to grab public attention and get people trying
this stuff out.

In other news, Darren is going to put together a white paper from some
materials supplied by various people, and I'll edit it.  Also, I gathered
an initial set of FAQ questions and Hal wrote brief answers for them.  I'll
format this and send it out to the TC for review.

         Eve