Subject: [security-services] proposal wrt "status" and"send comments to the editor"

The present doc set format includes this line on the first page..

After thinking about it for a bit, I have the following interrelated
suggestions. My apologies for not bringing this up earlier.

1. Rather than encourage readers to send comments to the editors privately, I
feel we should encourage that they send comments to a place where we can all
see them, and where they are archived. I think this will be especially
important for the doc set we plan to advertise here on 9-Jan.

We already have an archived list set up for the world-at-large to send
comments..

  security-services-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

  archive: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/

I suggest we add a few new lines to the first page of the present doc set to
REPLACE "send comments to the editor", e.g...

  Send comments to: security-services-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Also, doc editors should subscribe to that list.

2. Change "Status:" to "Maturity Level:", and use the proposed maturity level
terminology from this message thread..

  updated -- proposed schedule. plus"committee last call" process
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200112/msg00075.html

Maturity level values described in that proposal are..

  "committee working draft"		-- where the docs are now

  "candidate committee specification"	-- upon entry to Last Call, and on thru
LC
					   if no showstopper normative technical
					   issues are found

  "committee specification"		-- after LC, and once all non-normative
					   editing is complete, and docs are
					   voted to this maturity level.

So, this would yield something like this on the first doc pages...

		--------------------------

  Document identifier: ...

  Location: ...

  Publication Date: ...