Subject: [security-services] SAML Conformance Spec

Title: SAML Conformance Spec

hi -

in the 18-Dec focus group discussion of the SAML Conformance Spec, we decided that organizing conformance in terms of bindings, rather than either assertions or partitions, would provide the simplest way of defining conformance. In the light of that decision, i have attached a revised version of the Conformance Spec (version 7B), using bindings as the basis for conformance. This certainly has been the most straightforward to describe, down to the test cases.

Insofar as the Conformance Spec is one of the required docs, we should review this approach, at least at a high-level, in our call tomorrow.

regards,

bob

ps: i've included the two alternative versions (v7 uses partitions, v7a  assertions as the basis of conformance) in case anyone wanted to compare the approaches.

<<conform_prog_7jan02.zip>>

conform_prog_7jan02.zip