Subject: Re: [security-services] The multiple subject issue

Prateek,

Ok - that sounds like a plan, though I guess someone should check
(during the last call) that there aren't other comparison cases
where that isn't the right rule.

Any just to be sure we're on the same page a few more matching
cases (as I understand them) are below.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Let:

s1 = <Subject><n-i=fred/></Subject>
s2 = <Subject><n-i=fred/><s-c=fred-cert/></Subject>
s3 = <Subject><n-i=fred/><s-c=freds-other-cert/></Subject>
s4 = <Subject><s-c=fred-cert/></Subject>
s5 = <Subject><n-i=bill/><s-c=fred-cert/></Subject>

and match(a,b) means "a in auth query, and b in response is ok" and
not-match(a,b) I'll leave to your imagination.

So, your "wildcard" rule means for example:

match(s1,s2)
not-match(s2,s1)
match(s1,s3)
not-match(s2,s3)