Subject: Re: [security-services] Minuets of Discussion at 12 noon, February 1

Folks,

Notes from Friday's call look good.

>   (4) Time Issue:

Just FYI for whoever's writing up the relevant text, here's [1]
a useful internet draft, with some background and describing
some of the relevant issues. Probably not something we want to
reference at this stage (its up for IESG review, so some months
from being an rfc probably).

Note that saying "add one second" (if we do) could be error
prone, though in reality probably only in the presence of an
attack, since according to this draft you could get a value
of "61" that way;-)

Stephen.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-datetime-05.txt

Stephen Farrell
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com