Subject: [security-services] Certification of use Requirement for submission ofSAML as OASIS spec

As we have discussed in the past, we will need to include a certification of
use statement with our submission to OASIS. This certification must relate
to use of the spec that we are submitting, rather than any antecedents. If
your organization will consider making this certification, please send
e-mail to Jeff and Joe and we will work through details of what you have to
say and how your use of the spec or portions of the spec support the
certification.

* Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations that they are
successfully using the specification. (Despite numerous requests, the OASIS
TC Administrator feels it is not in the TC's best interests to further
define the meaning of "successfully using". The implementation could really
be anything from prototypes or proof of concept all the way up to
shrink-wrapped software. Defining this further would only restrict the
definition and make it harder for member organizations to say that they are
successfully using the specification.) This certification can be in the form
of a simple statement in email from a company representative, e.g. "I
certify that XYZ company is successfully using...."

Joe Pato                                HP Labs Cambridge
Principal Scientist                     1 Main Street, 10th Floor
Trust, Security & Privacy               Cambridge, MA   02142
Trusted E-Services Lab - HP Labs        Phone: (617) 679-9376
<http://www.hpl.hp.com>                 Fax 1: (617) 679-9330
<http://www.hp.com/security>            Fax 2: (781) 674-0142