Subject: [security-services] IPR Requirement for OASIS submission

At this time the chairs are unaware of any IP encumbrances on the SAML spec.
When we vote to move the spec to committee specification and then to submit
to OASIS, we will first make a final call for any IP encumbrances. We will
be asking all participants to affirm that they have disclosed any
encumbrance of which they are aware.

If at this time you have become aware of any issues, please send a note to
Jeff and Joe.

* (IPR section 3.2) All legal encumbrances (copyright, patent, etc.) should
be identified so that the OASIS Board of Directors have the opportunity to
decide whether this work can be sent to the OASIS membership. OASIS may not
want to recommend to its members a work that has questionable or hidden
legal encumbrances, and OASIS members have the right to full knowledge about
a specification before they vote to accept it..

Joe Pato                                HP Labs Cambridge
Principal Scientist                     1 Main Street, 10th Floor
Trust, Security & Privacy               Cambridge, MA   02142
Trusted E-Services Lab - HP Labs        Phone: (617) 679-9376
<http://www.hpl.hp.com>                 Fax 1: (617) 679-9330
<http://www.hp.com/security>            Fax 2: (781) 674-0142