Subject: Re: [security-services] underspecified behavior forAuthenticationQuery ?

This is just to clarify what should be the correct behavior in this topic. Say
we have a request like this:

<samlp:Request ..>
	<saml:AssertionID>12345</saml:AssertionID>
<samlp:Request>

Scenario #1: The responder couldn't find the assertion matching the AsertionID
12345 because it's not in the responder's assertion store, or the assertion was
issued for a site different than the requester.

Scenario #2: The responder found the assertion. But the assertion is expired
(time is not in the period between NotBefore and NotOnOrAfter in Conditions).

For these two scenarios, do they qualify for an error, or should we return
success and an optional <statusMessage> to list the reason?

Thanks,
Emily