Subject: RE: [security-services] Proposed text for <NameIdentifier>

>SecurityDomain [Optional]
>            The security domain governing the name of the subject.

>    #WindowsNTQualifiedName:
>      Indicates that the value of the Name element MUST be a Windows NT
>qualified name.
>      A Windows NT qualified user name is a string of the form
>"NTDomainName\UserName".
>      The domain name and "\" separator may be omitted.

I hate to keep harping on names, but is it wise to call this thing
SecurityDomain when it isn't? If I'm encoding a Windows domain account
into this structure, and I see something called SecurityDomain....

Yes, the spec says not to do it that way, but maybe that's assuming the
documentation for my SAML toolkit includes that.

How about NameQualifier or something else less semantically loaded?

Also I echo Stephen's suggestion to simplify the XML and remove the
unneeded element.