Subject: Re: [security-services] Additional verbiage for Section 3.4.4

Bob Blakley pointed out to me offline that my rewording isn't
complete; the responder MUST return a response that MAY contain
assertions.  In redoing Prateek's first sentence (which, I maintain,
didn't quite get this across either because of the MUST-zero
combination), I lost something.  Here's a revised attempt:

"In responding to a request, the responder MUST return a
<samlp:Response> element, where the response MAY contain one or more
assertions that satisfy the constraints expressed by the query.  If
the responder cannot identify any assertions that satisfy the
constraints, the response MUST contain no assertions and its status
code MUST have the value "Success".  [In order to avoid implying that
this is the only interesting condition, should there be wording here
about other conditions that require other error codes?]  The response
MAY also contain a status message with additional information."

If people simply like Prateek's original wording better, though,
that's fine.

	Eve