Subject: RE: [security-services] ISSUE: core-27: RespondWith specified queriesreturn AN assertion

Jeff,

The core issue here is that the use of the word "an" in
the discussion of <RespondWidth>. This
is a straightforward error (IMHO). Removal of the word
"an" and use of the plural assertions is all that is required
here.

3.2.1.1

#SingleStatement
       Assertions carrying exactly one statement

#MultipleStatement
       Assertions carrying at least one statement

ETC...

There is no relationship between the type of a query and
values of the RespondWith element. If you have a AuthN query
that includes a <RespondWith> element with value
"AuthorizationDecisionStatement" you probably wont get anything
back. Nonsensical constraints can certainly be expressed (e.g., combination
of SingleStatement and MultipleStatement) and are
basically the requestors problem.

If you query for 5 assertions using AssertionID/assertionArtifact
and the responder can only find 4, well, then, the constraints
expressed by the query cannot be met by responder. It should return no
assertions but with status code set to SUCCESS.

- prateek