Subject: [security-services] Burton SAML Bake-off Offer

Forwarded on behalf of Carol; please reply to her.
</karl>

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 10:46 AM
To: Karl Best
Subject: Burton SAML Bake-off Offer

OASIS Security Services TC members,

Burton Group would like to showcase a major demonstration of
interoperability between SAML-compliant systems at their conference in
San Francisco, 15-17 July. They expect 800-1000 attendees at the
conference.

Burton proposes that we set up a SAML demo room in the conference hotel.
SAML companies will meet in the hotel and spend Saturday and Sunday
before the conference setting up the interoperability test. Monday, a TC
representative will deliver a presentation, talking about what was done,
where the group is with the standard and invite conference attendees to
come to the "bake-off" room during Monday evening for demos.

About 20 editors will attend the conference, so we can promote this with
the press too, perhaps issuing a press release in conjunction with the
event.

We need a minimum of six and a maximum of ten companies to commit to
participate. Participants would have to cover the costs for the use of
the room Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This cost would depend on the
number of companies participating. I anticipate it would be under $500
per company.

If you are interesting in participating, please let me know ASAP. I'll
firm up the details, once I know whether this is something the TC would
like to support.

Thanks,
Carol

Carol Geyer