Subject: RE: [security-services] Tentative preliminary draft proposed text forISSUE: AuthorityKind and RespondWith

> Since nobody picked up the gauntlet I threw down in
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200203/
> msg00069.html,
> I'm going to assume we have consensus for the option that
> makes the least changes to the spec. That is, we continue to
> have the subtle difference between AuthorityKind, which
> specifies the sorts of samlp:Query an authority will answer,
> and RespondWith, which specifies the kind of saml:Statement a
> requester wants to see.

They essentially mirror each other. Both represent the "expectations" of
the entity that populates them, and since one comes from the eventual
responder and the other from a requester, they represent opposing
constructs. But I guess you could just as easily align them so that the
AuthorityKind QNames represent the kind of statements that will be
returned.

I don't think it makes too much difference, really. Either way works.