Subject: Re: [security-services] ISSUE: Fragment identifiers for URI references on the Format attribute

It's not bad per se, but a URI-aware interpretation of it (as vaguely
called for by our spec) would, I believe, get you different results than
treating it like a mere string.  I think this means that our spec is
underspecified and has an interoperability hole.

	Eve

Mishra, Prateek wrote:
> Eve,
>
> looking through our code, I find that
> all we do is treat the fragment identifiers as strings:
> #emailAddress etc.
>
> Is this bad? I guess the problem is that they may also
> validly be complete URLs.
>
> - prateek

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 883 5917
XML Web Services / Industry Initiatives      eve.maler @ sun.com