Subject: [security-services] RE: [saml-dev] asynchronous response on SAML overSOAP over HTTP

Title: RE: [saml-dev] asynchronous response on SAML over SOAP over HTTP

Last week was a holiday for many people in the US.

You are correct that the SOAP Binding is currently only synchronous. The idea was to support a simple, mandatory to implement scheme, to insure basic interoperability. Frankly no one mentioned this as a requirement. Our main focus has been online environments in which an answer is needed immediately.

The SSTC (SAML) is preparing to begin work on new features very soon. It would be good to submit this requirement. Do you have a usecase in mind that would clarify how this capability would be used?

Hal