Subject: RE: [security-services] Reminder: SSTC teleconference today

It is not a good practice to reply to one's own e-mail, I am going to
try that anyway .... :o)

To amplify the thoughts, WS-Security is a framework (in some sense),
which builds on SOAP. SAML then would build on the WS-Security token
framework and add the assertions capability.

cheers

|  |
|  |
|  |  Joe,
|  |
|  |  I may be a few minutes late to the call this PM.
|  |
|  |  I would propose
|  |  as one agenda item the relationship
|  |  between the WS-Security SAML profile and WS-Security
|  |  effort. Will we "submit" this as a draft at the first
|  |  WS-Security meeting? Do we need a vote? Are we going to
|  |  officially freeze development after that point? We need
|  |  some sort of plan especially as WS-Security promises to
|  |  be a much larger group with many non-SAMLites.
|  |
|  |  - prateek
|  |
|  |
|  |
|  |  Phone: +1 334 262 0740 ID=856956
|  |
|  |  Agenda to be discussed at the beginning of the meeting.
|  |
|  |  Joe Pato                                HP Labs Cambridge
|  |  Principal Scientist                     1 Main Street, 10th Floor
|  |  Trust, Security & Privacy               Cambridge, MA   02142
|  |  Trusted Systems Lab - HP Labs           Phone: (617) 679-9376
|  |  <http://www.hpl.hp.com>                 Fax 1: (617) 679-9330
|  |  <http://www.hp.com/security>            Fax 2: (781) 674-0142
|  |
|  |  To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
|  |  manager: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl>
|  |