Subject: RE: [security-services] RE: Comments on XML signature guidelines draft

Scott,

is the addition of an "ID" attribute to SAML 1.1 worth considering?

From my limited understanding of the situation, it appears that some kind of
standard "hook" is needed to point to pieces of XML. As XPath is a tree
pattern-matching language, unsurprisingly it often exhibits
exponential behavior. The "ID" approach is not great but gives the required
functionality.

- prateek