Subject: Minutes from April 8, 2003 Conference Call

Minutes, April 8, 2003
----------------------

1. Roll Call

Quorum achieved.

2. Minutes accepted from last call.

3. Review of Action Items:

[Editorial Action Item for Eve]

Review of glossary and bindings is pending.

#0019: Draft text for PE11

Eve has published text to the list. After review, motion to include
materials
in SAML 1.1. Passes without objection.

#0018: Describe degenrate cases with RespondWith

Open.

#0017: Eve to search for instances of "assertion type" and clarify as
appropriate

Closed. Jeff to review and search for instances of the same.

#0016: Publish Destination Site First Flow

Closed.

New Action: (1) Scott to provide proposed changes to Core.
            (2) Prateek to provide note that describes overall proposal.

#0015: Add mailing list to home page (Rob)

Open.

#0013: Use of WS-Trust in credential collector proposal (Maryann)
Open.

#0009: Provide text for PE-9

Open

#0008: Provide text for PE-4

Open

#0007: URL-centric flows
Closed.

#0004: Proposed for WSDL for metdata
Closed.

#0003: DSig Core Change Proposal

Scott has provided recent text for review and discussion.

Open.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200304/msg00049.html

Scott will provide text for same this week and we will schedule a vote next
week
April 15, 2003.

V1.1 Topics for Discussion
----------------------------
1.

Review of sstc-saml-core-1.1-draft-03

Motion: Accept change for E-8.
Passes without Objection.

Discussion around <RespondWith> semantics and proposed changes in 03 draft.
Suggestion that we may deprecate <RespondWith> in
SAML 2.0.

2.

ISSUE: IS there a character encoding issue with the use of base64 in HTML
forms? Apparently not.

[ACTION] Scott to propose text to clarify base64 use in FORM Post profile.

3.

Scott has published a note on Versioning which is meant to replace the
discussion in Section 4 (Versioning)

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200304/msg00000.html

SSTC members please review. We will plan to VOTE on this on April 15, 2003.

4.

Review of Errata List:
-----------------------

New errata item E-8, replace "MAY NOT" by "MUST NOT". MAY NOT is not a
defined concept in spec-speak.
Motion made, seconded and accepted without objection.

Discussion around PE-16. Changes proposed by Eve accepted without
objections.

5.

V2.0 Topics for Discussion
--------------------------

Frederick: What is the scope of the vote on April 15?
Rob, Carlisle: The idea is that we vote on the broad scope of the effort.

Jeff: We should look at this in the scope of the overall 2.0 list. The 2.0
list includes
credential collector anyway.

Rob: recommend that we continue to discuss this item on the list but defer
voting on this topic.

6.

Jeff: SSTC request to Liberty Alliance is still pending.

7.

Discussion of JSR-155 status and next steps in this space.

Prateek Mishra

Netegrity
p: 781-530-6564
c: 781-308-5198