Subject: Question on PE6 (artifact confirmation methods)

I'm working my way through the Bindings and Profiles changes now.  The
disposition for PE6 in the errata document says:

"Add a confirmation method ID (artifact) and indicate that either one
can be used for 01, 03, or any other future."

I couldn't quite parse this and couldn't recall the discussion on
February 18 that led to it.  Nor were the minutes particularly helpful.
  I think I'm supposed to add a section for a generic artifact
confirmation method, urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:cm:artifact, and
explain that either it or the -01 version can be used.  But I don't
understand the "01, 03, or any other future" part.  I would have thought
that we would deprecate and plan to phase out the numbered version
eventually. ?

Also, I'm not sure we answered the other question in the erratum, which
says "We should also be explicit as to whether providing the actual
artifact in the ConfirmationData is required, optional, or not permitted
- Which is it?"

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Technologies and Standards               eve.maler @ sun.com