Subject: ISSUE: <StatusCode> a "root" element?

In reviewing the bindings doc for typographical inconsistencies in the
treatment of status code stuff, I found this in Section 3.1.3.6 Error
Reporting:

"In the case of a SAML processing error, the SOAP HTTP server MUST
respond with "200 OK" and include a SAML-specified error description as
the only child of the <SOAP-ENV:Body> element."

Yikes.  Should we be putting MajorVersion etc. attributes on StatusCode
along with Assertion, Request, and Response?  If we did, we'd want to
make them optional, with default values inherited from the nearest SAML
ancestor, if any.

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Technologies and Standards               eve.maler @ sun.com