Subject: FW: DoNotCacheCondition and effect on sec-consider

I was just going though some old mail and found this note from Eve which we
have not addressed.

Is there a volunteer out there that will look at this ASAP and propose some
text changes that we can discuss on the call tomorrow?

I'll take care of the editorial updates once approved.

Thanks!

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security
Tel: 781-515-7115
Mobile: 617-510-0893
Fax: 781-515-7020
mailto:rphilpott@rsasecurity.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Eve L. Maler [mailto:eve.maler@sun.com]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 4:25 PM
To: 'Prateek Mishra (pmishra@netegrity.com)'; Philpott, Robert

I'm just now getting to my sec-consider edits, and among the minor
copyedits, I found a note I made during my train ride about DoNotCache.
  If we do put this in (for last call or for Ctte Spec), we should
remember that it affects not only the schema and core, but also Section
5.1 of sec-consider.  Currently in that section, it says that there are
few security considerations regarding assertions per se, but I believe
that it should mention validity intervals, as well as (if we add it)
DoNotCache.

This is one of those things I will not have time to do, even if it's
considered a minor editorial thing.  So I wanted you guys to get it on
your post-LC lists, if you care...

Thanks!

	Eve

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Technologies and Standards               eve.maler @ sun.com