Subject: Celebration event during September F2F...

Hi folks,

The SSTC has had some tremendous successes over the last year+. The V1.0 specs were completed in an incredibly short time, the implementation demonstration at the Catalyst Conference last year was wildly successful, and we've now turned around a significant V1.1 update that's been submitted for OASIS standardization.

I think this calls for a celebration!

So I thought I'd gauge interest on whether folks would like to get together for a celebratory event on the evening of either Monday (Sept 8) or Tuesday (Sept 9) during the upcoming SSTC F2F.

I'm happy to do a bit of organization here and happy to accept help with that. But I'm not great on coming up with ideas that are really creative (party planning is not my strength), so I'd like some help with that if folks are interested.

Off the top of my head, there's...

1)       Dinner at a reasonably nice restaurant

2)       Dinner buffet/party at some location.  I'll even offer my house (about 25 minutes from Burlington).

3)       Dinner and a movie (although a movie inhibits socializing)

Rather than clutter the mailing list with banter about this topic, I'd be happy to collect ideas and assess the interest and report back at the next meeting.

So let me know what you think...

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security