Subject: Re: [security-services] Agenda for September 30, 2003 SSTC con-call

We may want to have a standing agenda item for editorial matters, so
that we can review the current outstanding editorial AIs and status.  I
haven't been formal enough about this; do we prefer to create formal AIs
in Kavi to record the outstanding items, or should we manage them
separately?

Here are the AIs I think we have in this area:

- Each lead editor to get his/her document up to V2.0
   readiness, possibly changing the data format as well
   (most people were interested in using OpenOffice).
- Rob to update the website with additional material.
- John Hughes to produce drafts of the executive and
   technical overviews.  (We brainstormed outlines for
   these last week.)
- Eve to send out links to handy resources.  (Done.)
- Eve to enhance the FAQ with additional material.

Have I missed any?  As a reminder, the lead editors/owners for the
deliverables we need to actively track are:

Technical Overview                     John Hughes
Security and Privacy Considerations    Frederick Hirsch
Assertions and Protocol (Core)         Eve Maler
Schemas                                Eve Maler
Bindings and Profiles                  Frederick Hirsch
Conformance                            Prateek Mishra
Metadata                               Jahan Moreh
Authentication Context                 (Paul Madsen??)
Glossary                               Rob Philpott
Website                                Rob Philpott
Executive Overview                     John Hughes
FAQ                                    Eve Maler

Status on my action items:

Philpott, Robert wrote:
> *#0074*: Create SAML 2.0 issues list
> *Owner*: Eve Maler
> *Status*: Open
> *Assigned*: 16 Sep 2003
> *Due*: ---
> *Comments*:

Sorry, I've been on the road a lot and haven't put this together yet.
Was hoping to do it before today's call, but that didn't happen.  I can
definitely commit to this by the Oct 14 telecon.  Here are the issue
items I've collected so far:

Null-value attributes (saml-dev)
Version skew confusion (between SAML and Liberty)
Multiple Kerb confirmation method URIs (came up at F2F)
The individual promised V2.0 changes (see AI #83 below)

Am I missing any?

> *#0073*: Extract enhancement requests from current issues list
> *Owner*: Eve Maler
> *Status*: Open
> *Assigned*: 16 Sep 2003
> *Due*: ---
> *Comments*:

I consider this one done, if we successfully vote in today's telecon to
adopt my proposal to bulk-close the remaining V1.1 deferred issues.

> *#0082*: Promised V2.0 Changes
> *Owner*: Eve Maler
> *Status*: Open
> *Assigned*: 16 Sep 2003
> *Due*: ---
> *Comments*:
> Prateek Mishra 2003-09-16 18:23 GMT
> Removing (core)
> Removing (core)
> Removing deprecated NameIdentifier URIs (core)
> Requiring URI references to be absolute (core)
> Disallowing as the only child of a SOAP (bindings)
> Removing deprecated artifact URI (bindings)

(It looks like Kavi interpreted/consumed the XML tags that appeared
here...)  This is an AI for me to actually make these changes, right?
As soon as I update the core doc for V2.0 readiness (which I had also
hoped to do by today but didn't happen), I will incorporate the items
relevant to core.  I can definitely commit to this by the Oct 14
telecon.  Frederick will be on the hook for the bindings/profiles
related ones.

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com