Subject: RE: [security-services] RE: Minutes for Telecon, Tuesday 30 Septe mber 2003

Prateek,
You have twisted/ misunderstood the issue, I did NOT indicate that the work
in the SS-TC was NOT valuable/required and did NOT indicate that IBM did
NOT support the work in the SS-TC  but there are rules to follow in OASIS
and I'm pointing out these rules. Is there a problem in doing so or are we
NOT supposed to do this ?

Are there reasons why you would not want to create a new charter (per
rules) for the new work that goes beyond the scope of the original charter
? Maybe you can clarify as I think its valuable to make sure that everyone
has a equal chance to participate in the formation of specifications in an
open standards body.

I also want to understand you statement "your statement has been made on a
public forum and therefore available to press and analysts, I wanted to
confirm with you before calling further attention to it in the broader
media" as I think that this is not the proper behavior for an OASIS
co-chair !

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122

|         |           "Mishra, Prateek"|
|         |           <pmishra@netegrit|
|         |           y.com>           |
|         |           10/01/2003 11:00 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, "oasis sstc (E-mail)" <security-services@lists.oasis-open.org>                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [security-services] RE: Minutes for Telecon, Tuesday 30 Septe       mber 2003                                            |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hmmm, I don't really get this:

[quote]

> Rob to draft charter changes
I will have to object to this Action Item as the SS-TC needs to re-charter
from scratch since they have completed their original deliverables. The TC
process states this at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#closing.

[end-quote]

So is it IBM's official position that the SSTC should be dissolved and the
SAML effort halted?

As your statement has been made on a public forum and therefore available
press and analysts, I wanted to confirm with you before calling further
attention to it in the broader media.

Thanks,

Prateek Mishra
Co-Chair, SSTC