Subject: FW: status report - submit specs to ITU

Please consider volunteering to act as a liason to ITU-T SG17 for the
SSTC...

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security
Tel: 781-515-7115
Mobile: 617-510-0893
Fax: 781-515-7020
mailto:rphilpott@rsasecurity.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl F. Best [mailto:karl.best@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 11:48 AM
To: pmishra@netegrity.com; Philpott, Robert; hlockhar@bea.com;
bill.parducci@overxeer.com
Cc: 'Patrick Gannon'; 'James (Jamie) Bryce Clark'
Subject: status report - submit specs to ITU

Prateek, Rob, Hal, Bill:

I have been corresponding with the folks at ITU in regards to our
proposed submission of SAML v1.1 and XACML v1.0 to ITU-T SG17 for
approval under the ITU process. Everyone that I've been working with,
from the SG chair all the way up to the head of ITU, is very happy to
see this happen.

Here's a quick status:

* I will make the submission under OASIS' A.5 status with ITU-T. As
specified by the OASIS Liaison Policy, I will specify that OASIS retains
the right for continued maintenance and revision of the specs. The
submission will be made to the SG chair, who will then conduct the
review and voting within the SG. The end result would be an ITU-T
Recommendation for each of the submitted specs. Ocassionally an SG will
vote to accept the specs only with changes.

* There will be some paperwork to submit, which I will take care of. If
there's any additional information that I don't have then I'll get back
to you.

* The schedule appears to be that as long as I get the submission
completed by the first of the year (the sooner is better) then SG17 will
be able to consider the submission at their meeting in March. I intend
to get this done in the next couple of weeks, so we'll be okay there.

* SG17 has requested that we select one or more technical
representatives who would be available to subscribe to the SG17 mail
list, answer questions related to the specifications, and attend the
SG17 meeting 10-19 March 2004 in Geneva. I'm assuming that this person
or persons will be the technical champion for the specs within SG17. Is
there someone from the TCs who would be willing to do this?

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org