Subject: RE: [security-services] Groups - liberty-architecture-overview-v1 .1.pdf uploaded

Thanks for your help in clarifying these issues. I do however have some remaining concerns. For the sake of those of us who are not going to search the LA website for press releases, please place all relevant documents on the SS TC document repository. By this I mean, if documents are in the repository that contain statements about IPR that are modified by other documents they should also be available in the repository.

<Prateek>

I agree that we need to ensure all relevant documents should be available from our repository. You will also appreciate that a functioning TC with dozens of documents will not always be uptodate. I will work with Rob to ensure this is the case.

</Prateek>

I've never said that there were IPR conditions that have been violated. I said that it remains unclear, based on the email message that accompanied the submission, whether the submission meets the conditions for OASIS. The specific item that I do not see fully acknowledged in the email message is Item #1 in Section OASIS.IPR.3.1. I acknowledge that this may be covered in documents that are not easily found on the SS TC website. Perhaps you can be kind enough to show me where?

<Prateek>

Thanks for pointing to a specific section. My understanding is that the grant from Liberty Alliance covers precisely such rights: to create derivative works from Liberty Alliance 1.1 and  disseminate such works. I will summarize the relevant links where such rights are granted.

</Prateek>

I don't think I've suggested that the OASIS Board needs to oversee every action of the TC. However, in the case where the TC is placing documents into its repository that have unclear IPR restrictions it would be helpful if the OASIS Board made some statement as to whether these documents have been determined to have met the criteria for submission to OASIS.

<Prateek>

This is a somewhat broader issue than just the functioning of the SSTC. I can see that the board might play an additional constructive role here.

</Prateek>

Thanks again,
Mike

"Mishra, Prateek" <pmishra@netegrity.com>